Sunday, March 01, 2009

After 350 posts, some changes in how this will go.

Recently, I have found myself less interested in just writing reviews of the new movies I see and I am not sure if the readership is still up, so I thought I would make some changes to how I do things, mostly in an attempt to keep myself interested. I am going to start updating 5-6 days a week, using different days for different thing.

Sunday: I am going to use this day as my TV day. I will probably do something like pick my 5 favorite moments or episodes from the week. The shows I watch and will most likely feature are: Big Bang Theory, How I met your Mother, Chuck, 24, Trust me, Scrubs, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, Friday Night Lights and The L Word. It is possible American Idol might sneak in, as well. Not sure what summer TV will look like, though.

Monday and Tuesday: These days will continue to be prime days for writing new reviews. Of course, this is dependent on actually seeing movies, so in some weeks these might be off or at least light. On average, I would say I see at least two movies in the theater per week, but not always. I may use these days to review any new movies on DVD that I missed in theaters as well. If I get back into buying new music, I may review music on these days as well.

Wednesday: This is going to be a wild card day, which means there will be a variety of things I deal with on this day. Sometimes it may be a rant, or an essay, or random thoughts about movies. I may use this to talk about thoughts on casting news. Sometimes I might review a favorite movie of mine, or a movie I hate, just for fun.

Thursday: Here is my throwback day. I have asked a very good friend, Robbie, to give me 15 movies released before 1990 that he would like me to review. After I review those 15, I may ask someone else, or ask him for more, or if there is something anyone wants me to review, please send them my way. This is a chance for me to review some favorites from people, or interesting movies and maybe even watch some movies I never saw. I am excited about this. The first movie will either be Porky's or Hoosiers.

Friday: This will be the day of lists. This can also be more interactive. If there is a list you would like to see me do, let me know and I will do it. These lists will usually be either "best of" actors, or favorites in a genre or something random, but I am open to all ideas.

There will be nothing on Saturday as that is typically a homework heavy day. Now, there may be weeks, where I miss some of the days due to it being midterms or if a big project is due. However, I find myself with more free time than I had imagined this semester because so much of the work spans the entire semester. I am hoping doing all of this new stuff will renew interest in the blog and renew the interest in myself to continue to do it. I hope this works out and I hope that more people will give me ideas of things to do. I really love sharing my opinions of movies because I really do love the movies!

1 comment:

Actress Andrea said...

I like the idea, Kyle! :)