Sunday, March 08, 2009

This week in television (March 2-7)

This section will probably go through some changes as I figure out exactly what I want to do and say with it.

Top 5 television moments

5. How I Met Your Mother(HIMYM)- Barney Stinson(Neil Patrick Harris) hires an actress and a child actor to play his family for the benefit of his mother. The child actor cannot remember his name or his lines prompting Barney, as NPH, to proclaim "Child actors were so much better in the 80s." HIMYM has played on the Doogie Howser thing before and they get a big laugh out of me for this one.

4. Reaper- I am really happy to have this show back because it seems like it is going to be mythology heavy now, which interests me. Sock, a Kevin Smith-esque character, tries to move back home to find he has a super hot stepsister and he is conflicted because he wants to date her. His buddy Ben says she is hot and Sock responds with "Dude, thats my sister. I got dibs." Thank you Reaper.

3. 24- I have no idea where else a show can go, honestly. The white is sieged, The PRresident kidnapped and slapped! Jack Bauer has to helplessly look on. Just a WOW 2 hours, seriously. The key moment being Madame President being slapped by a big African guy.

2. Friday Night Lights- This is the ultimate tug-at-Kyle's-heart-strings show. Jason Street and Tim Riggins have been through everything together and it is time for Street to move out of Texas and be a man. The two young men share a brief moment of sentimental honesty where Riggins shows just how much he cares. Oh guy-love how I love thee. I wish this show did better!

1. Lost- I think you could make an argument for Jack, but for my money, Sawyer has made the biggest character transformation. As Sawyer, he was mean, a loner and almost a villain. As James, he is a romantic and a leader of men. he is confident now and the best moment from this week's episode is James picking a flower for Julliete and bringing it home so they can continue in this groovy 1970s love thing. It was such unadulturated happiness only to be challenged in the final moments. Oh Lost, I wish I could quit you.

Most disappointing show of the week

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles(TTSCC)- I am glad the whole Riley thing is finally over because I was over that chick, but something tells me there is going to be fall out and not the good fall out. This show started off strong in the first two episodes of the season but the last two have been weak. This week was far too much talk and not enough action for my taste. I need more stuff being blowed up!

Best use of Gratuitous hotness (Kyle's shallow award)

My guess this award will only ever go to something from Chuck, TTSCC or Dollhouse.

Dollhouse- Eliza Dushku hikes up her skirt, with thigh high boots and fixes her breasts, why? Because she is hot and that is what hot bad girls do. She also gives a bit of a lap dance while eating a cherry. Then later she takes her shirt off and the camera just sits at her breasts. All of this serves no real purpose, which is why I love it.

No comments: