Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sorority Row


I am not going bother to write a normal review, because I like to have some fun with bad movies.

The story is simple, 6 sorority girls play a prank on a boy, but the prank goes bad and 8 months later, they start to pay for their prank gone wrong.

I wish I could have a way to get my initial unfiltered thoughts right onto this page, but here is my best shot.

The movie opens on a hot girl in her bra and underwear(Billed as Bra-clad girl) asking her boyfriend for her shirt. The next shot is four hot girls on a trampoline having a pillow fight with their asses hanging out of the pajamas. So far so good, Sorority Row.

A girl kissing another girl, while both in skimpy pajamas, still going well.

Having seen a few episodes of The Hills, watching Audrina Patridge take a tire iron to the chest is not a surprising wave of living vicariously.

OOOHHH...Horror movie cliche time!!!

No cell reception when you need it most: 4 times
Car will not start: 2 times
Music in a seemingly empty house: 2 times
Doors locked for no reason: 2 times
Gratuitous nudity: 4 times.


Jamie Chung is super duper hot, but being naked under the suds of a hot tub is dumb, if the audience cannot see.

Rumer Willis is odd looking and would not be allowed in a sorority with the hotness in a movie that did not need a nerdy girl.

Briana Evigan is like a poor man's Sophia Bush, which is still better than being not a poor man's something else.

Ooooh, douche bag boyfriends. It is time to play "Guess which boyfriend is the actual killer." (I was right!)

Carrie Fisher with a shot gun is kind of bad ass. She went out like a straight up G.

Hot chick in a mini skirt holding an axe is totally sexy and bad ass.

The explanation from the killer makes absolutely no sense. it makes me appreciate Scream more because those killers made sense.

Well, I know the movie is not over because they have not added the tag to show there could be a sequel..wait there it is, now it is probably over.

Sorority Row offers some T and A, only 1 cool death and a bunch of obnoxious screaming. IT WAS PERFECT!!

Final Grade: D, but an A for the first 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Kyle Young said...

thank you for using the phrase "super duper" in this post.

I think I enjoyed that more than I would actually enjoy the movie