Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Fall television season is here!

Before I begin, the list posts will now appear on Thursdays, which means the rest of the Anytime Movies posts will show up on Thursdays. So the week will go as follows:

Sunday: Television recap
Monday: New movie releases
Tuesday: New movie releases
Wednesday: Wild Wednesday
Thursday: Lists

As the television season just started and now every show has aired, I am not entirely sure how this will go once they all are airing. I will probably stick with the formula of a top ten moments/shows but we shall see. For this week, with only a handful of shows though, I will just talk about my favorite moments in the shows I watched.

Melrose Place- The premiere episode really did a good job of setting up the soap opera-y tone of the show, but Katie Cassidy's Ella is my favorite, not only because she makes out with girls but because she is a sexy vixen who makes out with girls and guys. I am not sure this will become weekly viewing, but the first episode was good enough to give it a little time.

Hell's Kitchen- So this is a summer show that is coming to an end soon, but I am watching it and I am hooked on it, so I am going to write about it, probably for the next few weeks. I prefer the first half of the show, but the second half is where all the drama is. I love that there is a guy cooking with one hand and he is the best chef in the whole competition. I did not see what he did to his hand, but he is impressive.

Project Runway- I did not expect to get sucked back into this show, but I did. I didn't know why until this week when I got to hear Heidi Klum say that she is obsessed with boobs. Nothing else in the episode mattered even a little bit.

Glee- I am not sure this show can ever be better than the musical sequences in the show. The characters are all stock characters without much personality, except Lea Michelle of course, the wife is horrible and the pacing is a little off. However, the musical sequences all rock and this episode was no different. First, they rocked out to "Gold Digger", which was hilarious, then they rapped out "Push It", which was sexy and hilarious and finally Lea Michelle CRUSHED Rihanna's "Take a Bow". The music will probably keep me watching even when the other stuff fails me.

So You Think You Can Dance- I have not fallen in love with any of the contestants yet, although the adorable blonde Mormon girl was giving me the eye. What I do love is tap dance, so the tap dance battle, or "trade" really made my night as a far as the dance went. I did not see any hip-hop which made me sad, but I am sure there will be some later on in the audition process. Since I got hooked this summer, I find myself wanting more and more of it all!

The Vampire Diaries- Kevin Williamson is back on television with this Twilight with a brain/sense of humor/actual charm style show. A young beautiful girl goes back to school after tragedy and is quickly smitten with a new boy, who happens to be a vampire. She does not know yet. The script popped with Williamson style winks and jokes and the lead girl is not super annoying. The premiere was creepy and funny and sexy. I am a bit surprised I was as engaged as I was, even if a big part of the show involves the two leads writing in diaries, I guess I did not expect the title to be so literal!

Supernatural- This is the only one that really truly matters!! My boys are back and they are in a bad way with Satan loose on the planet. Sam and Dean fight a few demons, tangle with some angels and have the mother of all heart to hearts that let us know things will not be good between them. The relationship has changed after Sam's big mistakes of last season. The Satan stuff was super cool though. We watched as Satan found his "host" and we saw how Satan sweet talked his way into the body of his Host. I cannot wait to see how this goes!!!

This week brings NBC's Thursday comedies, so I will be adding The Office and Community to this list next week.

No comments: