Sunday, December 16, 2007

A little housekeeping

As I am always looking for ways to make this blog a little more accessible, or easy to read, I sometimes get comments (read: Myspace messages) from people with either suggestions, questions or requests of movies to review and one question that has come up a few times int he last little while has been about adding a final rating scale for each review. At first i was against it because I thought people would just scan to the bottom of the review for the rating and I really spend a lot of time thinking about these reviews before writing them and I would to have people skip over all my awesome words! However, sometimes my feeling about a movie could be ambiguous or maybe people want to be able to compare the movies I review, so I was thinking about a way to make a rating system that had the Kyle feel to it. At first I thought about giving Jessica Alba ratings like if I like a movie it would be worth 5 Jessica Alba's, but I wasn't sure how I would make that work. Then I thought about taking a famous girl of each level (1-5) and making that the rating. For example a 5 would be Jessica Alba, a 4 would be Scarlett Johannson and ultimately a 1 being Fergie, but that didn't seem right to those insane people who actually think Fergie is attractive in some way.

Ultimately, since I am going to be a teacher (at least I hope so, If ever get out of College) I decided to go with the classic A-F grading scale. This starts with the review of I Am Legend and will now be attached to the bottom of all movie reviews. I hope this clears up any ambiguity but does not discourage people from actually reading the full review because I love writing them and I love when people read them. I really do spend an awful lot of time thinking about them, bouncing ideas off of people and deciding exactly what to write.

Also, if you can think of anything else you would like to see here, feel free to let me know. I won't say no idea is dumb, because I find a lot of people have dumb ideas, but since I do not associate with those people, everyone who reads this should be just fine! I hope you all (all 4 of you) continue to enjoy reading and if you know anyone who loves movies send them here, I could always use more comments and conversation about movies!

No comments: