Sunday, December 14, 2008

Punisher: War Zone

Most times when a movie is this level of bad, it deserves some sort of mocking review, so, I will probably keep this kind of thing short.

The movie opens on some sort of Italian mob meeting of the minds that looks like it is a SNL parody of The Sopranos with Dominic West doing such a gross and over the top Italian accent, I am still waiting for real Italians to kill him. Eventually the action moves to some typical on the docks warehouse where we meet a trio of villains who like to jump and do flips, I called them the Wiskerhsam brothers after the monkeys in a Dr. Seuess book. The Punisher kills people including an undercover agent and he feels bad about it, very bad, bad enough that he want sot quit killing bad guys and being wanted by the good guys. Being a fugitive, The Punisher is hard to find for the good guys, especially when he is hiding out by walking down the middle of the street in full artillery!!

Punisher kills a guy by impaling him with a fence post, cool, then he jumps down and uses the dead guy's face to break his fall, even cooler.

Then there is the dialog, oh the dialog. This movie features the kind of dialog that you would put in movies that are meant to parody serious action movies for example:

Dying man: I guess I'll see you in hell
Punisher: If I see you anywhere near hell, I'll kick your ass

That is said in all seriousness!!

There is a lot of blood and a lot of bullets sprayed and the body count is unbelievable, which is usually a high selling point for me, but it is just a disaster.

A woman directed it and it sparked a conversation as to if she made it bloodier to prove that women could play with the boys, or is this just her style? I do not have the answer, but trust me this girl can play with the big boy sin the blood department:


Punisher actually punches a dude through his face!!! I mean Punisher's hand hits the guys face and then goes through his head and comes out the other end!!


ROCK ON!

No comments: