Monday, February 12, 2007

If I did the Oscar nominations and winners

Real Best Picture nominees: Babel, The Departed, Letters from Iwo Jima, Little Miss Sunshine and The Queen.


My Best Picture Nominees: Children of Men, The Departed, The Prestige, Pan's Labyrinth (to good to be only in forgien catergory) and Blood Diamond.


My Winner: While The Prestige was my favorite movie of the year, Children of Men was the best one and deserves this award and it is a shame it is not even nominated!




Real Best Actor nominees: Leo Decaprio/Blood Diamond, Will Smith/Pursuit of Happyness, Ryan Gosling/Half Nelson, Peter O'Toole/Venus and Forest Whitaker/Last King of Scotland.


My Best Actor Nominees: Leo Decaprio/Blood Diamond, Will Smith/Pursuit of Happyness, Clive Owen/Children of Men, Edward Norton/The Illusionist and Christian Bale/The Prestige.


My Winner: Will Smith for The Pursuit of Happyness. It may be a bit of a tug at the heart strings role, but he did something with it to the point where I didn't see Will Smith on the screen.




I am skipping the best actress catergory because I don't rememebr seeing a movie this year where a woman had a leading role deserving of an Oscar, but I will say I am hoping Kate Winslet wins just because she is amazing and I don't want Meryl Streep to win just because she is Meryl Streep.




Real Best Supporting actor nominees: Alan Arkin/Little Miss Sunshine, Jack Hayle Early/Little Children, Djimon Hounsou/Blood Diamond, Eddie Murphy/Dreamgirls and Mark Wahlberg/The Departed.

My Best Supporting Actor Nominees: Mark Wahlberg/The Departed, Matt Damon/The Departed, Ben Affleck/Hollywoodland, Eddie Murphy/Dreamgirls and Djimon Hounsou/Blood Diamond.


My Winner: This is probably the toughest one for me because I would be happy with any of these five winning, but I feel Eddie Murphy did the most this year.




Real Best supporting actress nominees: Adriana Barraza/Babel, Jennifer Hudson/Dreamgirls, Abigail Breslin/Little Miss Sunshine, Cate Blanchett/Notes on a scandal and Rinko Kikiuchi/Babel


My Best Supporting actress nominees: Jennifer Hudson/Dreamgirls, Rinko Kikiuchi/Babel, Diane Lane/Hollywoodland, Claire Hope-Ashitey/Children of Men and Maribel Verdú/Pan's Labyrinth.


My Winner: Jennifer Hudson is just undeniable in Dreamgirls, but I believe it is a short lived spark because I don't see her being a huge success in non musical films. She does deserve the victory though, here.




Real Best Dircetor Nominees: Clint Eastwood/ Letters from Iwo Jima, Martin Scorcese/The Departed, Stephan Frears/The Queen, Alejandro González Iñárritu/Babel and Paul Greengrass/United 93.


My Best Director nominees: Martin Scorcese/The Departed, Paul Greengrass/United 93, Christopher Nolan/The Prestige, Guillermo del Toro/Pan's Labyrinth and Alfonso Cuarón/Children of Men.


My winner: It hurts me to say this because Martin Scorcese has deserved at least 2 if not 3 Oscars by this time in his life and I thought I'd want him to win this year until I saw Children of Men. Alfonso Cuarón did such a brilliant job I can't go with anyone else.




Those are the major catergories and my opininos on such matters. Feel free to agree and definitely feel free to disagree!

No comments: